DxTerity is looking for a hands-on Finance and Accounting Professional who can drive both financial, transactional and project reporting tasks and support operations including forecasting, budgeting, cost analysis, profitability and operational performance review. We are looking for an individual who can help manage our growth through automation and information technology, as well as aid us in continued profitability and success in the future. The job requires Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable management and full financial performance analysis of:
- Creating/driving internal financial processes and systems to be simple, predictive and accessible
- Ensuring appropriate due diligence is applied to business decisions, maintaining the integrity of reported information, synthesizing that information into a strategic asset, and forecasting with a high level of predictability
- Providing the management team with insightful decision support/business analysis
- Establishing and maintaining strong business controls
- Overseeing the flow of cash
- Daily accounting ledger activities
- Procurement contracts and customer contracts review
- Employee expenses reimbursement review and approval
- Performing AR/AP activities
- Communicating with R&D and Service Teams to provide project cost reporting
- Preparing reports on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis,
- Updates to the financial forecast in an accurate and timely manner.
- Prepares annual plan in conjunction with input from all departments; ensures input has been documented and properly included.
- Ensures all budgeted expenses are adequately documented and supported, properly calendarized and in line with the company’s overall strategic plans.
- Works with department heads to ensure budgeted goals are met; oversees budget revisions and ensures communication to department heads.
- Identifies and calls out weekly issues affecting the Company’s operations, profitability, and inventory position.
- Establishes models that provide information on the Company’s current operating trend.
- Provides financial analysis for relevant issues that could impact the business.
- Manages department deliverables, provides leadership, guidance, and supports to staff members through effective goal setting, performance management, and professional development.
- Creates a service oriented environment to meet the needs of internal/external customers.
- Recommends and implements improvements and develops strategies to improve overall department effectiveness and efficiency.
- 5+ years of experience working in an Accounting Department with general account experience and project accounting.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills – building complex financial models, working efficiently with large data sets, and preparing presentations
- Proficiency in QuickBooks, and ERP systems, used to manage daily operations, collect and analyze data, and prepare complex plans and forecasts
- Good business judgement and ability to synthesize, analyze and extract implications from data
- Able to problem-solve creatively
- Must be self- motivated, hands-on, detail-oriented, have the ability to thrive in a team environment, and perform beyond expectations
- Experience in Public accounting is a plus. CPA preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Bachelor’s Degree (Accounting)